What is a Dermatologist?
Dermatology is the branch of medicine pertaining to our patient’s skin, hair, nails and related diseases. It is a specialty with both medical and surgical aspects. A dermatologist treats diseases, and select cosmetic conditions of the skin, nails, hair, and scalp.
What Our Advanced Dermatology Specialists do..
Although it may seem like a simple job description, advanced dermatologists analyze, diagnose, and treat over 3,000 different diseases, infections, or conditions. Dermatologists typically visit with patients in hospitals or private practices as skin specialists that offer consulting, training, or even clinical research.
MD24’s dermatologists have the ability to visit with patients in the comfort of their own homes, our local clinics, and through telemedicine technology. Not only are we able to address skin concerns, but we can conveniently work alongside other practices to provide the community with efficient solutions that improve quality of life and overall health.
Common Conditions that Require a Dermatologist’s Care
- Skin cancer such as melanoma, actinic keratosis, and basal or squamous cell carcinoma.
- Hemangioma of the skin that usually affects infant children.
- Plantar or flat warts.
- Fungal or bacterial skin infections
- Dermatitis and hand dermatitis from chemical or detergent interaction.
- Benign skin tumors, growths, and vascular lesions.
- Severe facial or bodily acne and related disorders.
- Psoriasis and other scaling disorders and diseases.
MD24 Dermatology Solutions:
Therapies provided by dermatologists include, but are not restricted to the following:
- Hair removal and hair transplant therapies – can be done with lasers or other modalities.
- Allergy and patch testing for dermatitis.
- Antibiotics, immunomodulators, novel injectable products, and other systemic therapies.
- Topical therapy suggestions and professional advice for personal use.
- Cosmetic filler injections.
- Inspect the interior of the mouth, nose, and eyelids (Mucous Menbranes)
- Laser therapies for skin disorders (vitiligo), birthmark management, scar removal cosmetic rejuvenation (resurfacing), and even tattoo removal.
- Intralesional treatment that includes chemotherapy or steroids.
- Skin cancer, precancerous tumors, and other forms of Photodynamic therapy.
- Narrowband, broadband, and psoralen UVB Phototherapy.
- Tumescent liposuction.
- Address aging signs such as “age spots” and wrinkles.
- Radiation therapy in some cases.
- Cryosurgery treatment of dermatosis or warts.
- Suction blister grafting, autologous melanocyte transplants, punch grafting, and other vitiligo surgeries.
Avoid experiencing “skin problems”. Call MD24 House Call (888-632-4758) to schedule an appointment and begin improving what you see and how you see it!